You Are Here: Home » News » Landlady denied bail in murder of Guyanese tenant in New York

Landlady denied bail in murder of Guyanese tenant in New York

Screen Shot 2014-07-31 at 7.01.05 PMThe husband of the Guyanese mother of four who was stabbed to death in Brooklyn over three weeks ago has indicated that progress is being made in the case. This morning in a Long Island court room, the accused Leah Cuevas was arraigned on second-degree murder charges in the death of Chinelle Latoya Thompson Browne, her neighbor and tenant. The court heard that Cuevas stabbed Browne more than 40 times and dismembered her body.

The arraignment Judge John Toomey jr ordered that accused Cuevas held without bail. The husband Dale Browne welcomed the news that the accused would be held without bail as a triumph and that it was testimony of how God operates. The family has established a fund to assist the four children who are left without a mother.

Twenty seven year old Chinelle Latoya Thompson Browne was last seen alive in Brooklyn on July 5. Her torso and legs were found in one part of Long Island three days after and other body parts were later recovered from various locations on the island.

The attorney for the accused had entered a not-guilty plea claiming that the crime was not committed until July 8th.

The prosecution contends that when the police searched Cuevas’ home, which she shares with her husband, Vladamir, on July 10, they identified blood inside and in the hallway belonging to the victim Browne.

The NY press has also reported that a cab driver said he drove the accused from Brooklyn to Long Island the day before Browne’s torso and legs were found.  The cab driver recalled helping Cuevas carry what he described as an extremely heavy suitcase and unloading it in Long Island

Comments (33)

• HenryVUptain

When some one searches for his necessary thing, so he/she wants to be available that in more detail, so
    that thing is maintained over here.

• 2uiw

These are things your friend needs to talk about with here doctor and HIV health care team. Getting an HIV positive test result is difficult and stressful. It takes time and support. Learning you are positive when you are pregnant also involves finding out about treatment, and using this during the pregnancy to reduce the risk of passing HIV to the baby.

• 8iqc

I don’t know how useful it is to take “sides” in this discussion, but I do want to say that Brad’s books and blog have been super helpful to me, and it’s nice to have a (somewhat) prominent voice in Zen that isn’t from the baby boomer generation or who doesn’t treat Zen as merely a subset of psychotherapy.

• 8158.header.us

Hello, i study your website every now and then and i own a identical one and i was just thinking if you get a lot of junk comments? If so how do you quit it, any plug-in or anything you can recommend? I get so much lately it’s generating me insane so any assistance is very much valued.

• 2b93

great job great song u guys have pure and real talent

• 1skj

I had a dream I was called out of class by some guy and he says something while my wolf and a cheatah circles us and then we’re suddenly saying vow in front of an abnormally large full moon I don’t get this

• 43xd.header.us

I am genuinely grateful to the owner of this site who has shared this fantastic paragraph at here.

• 1fxb

“Oh good grief Brad, I?ve just sent my 13-year-old grandson Hardcore Zen for Xmas. Thanks for your efforts.”

• 6v3v

Oh good grief … Brad, I’ve just sent my 13-year-old grandson Hardcore Zen for Xmas. Thanks for your efforts.

• sitemap fr

As the mother to two teens, I can totally relate to this. Teens communicate is a different way….a way that we are not used to. I remember taking the family phone into my room when I was a teen. There was no privacy and always got in trouble for tying up the family phone line.

• sitemap he

Hi there when I was taking odimune I used to be sleepy after 1 hour or so but now im on atroiza and I don’t feel any side effect, does atroiza work as a odimune?

• 1889

Kindly advise, I have developed rash on my face and this worries me as I think it can be an alarm for starting my meds. Last year my CD4 count was 948 and I am due for recent tests. Is it advisable to start your meds while your counts are above 500?

• sitemap ja

Just needed to stress I am just thankful I stumbled onto your web page

• 1166

hi am 35 yrs old and ws tested hiv positive in

• sitemap 384

Wah makasih banyak mas, akhirnya ketemu juga solusi yang simple. Sukses yach

• 2810

hope to win this amazing phone

• 304

I love this casual look and the blue is so pretty on you!

• sitemap tr

My CD 4 count is 446 and my boyfriend his still negative n now want a baby I’m scared of that my CD 4 count can drop maybe during delivery. I’m steal safe can I become pregnant?

• sitemap ru

Akala daw ni Pacquiao, parang sa college ang grading na 1.0 ang summa. Kaya 1.0 ang binigay niya kay Ms Phil.

• 1798

Enormously educational many thanks, I do believe your visitors will most likely want further blog posts similar to this maintain the excellent effort.

• sitemap

Thanks for the edit, Beelzebibble! That missing comment really messed with the meaning.

• sitemap

• sitemap ja

wah ahirnya menemukan yang simple, thxs alot mas infonya, mohon bimbingan lagi seandainya saya tersesat heheheee

• 157

I am HIV positive and my partner is negative, i was tested +ve in 2011 and I’m on ARVs i still want to have a child i want to do it naturally ,is it safe to my partner and the baby ?

• sitemap it

The cap is so cool, makes the outfit more easy going. Like it so much

• sitemap fr

at ang mga amo mong si abigail at nancy, di na kailangan ng sobrang kembot kasi wala silang karapatan. ang papangit nila. ikaw ang dakilang tagapunas ng pwet ng mga binay. pwehhh.

• sitemap 122

I’ve painful red eyes after I was first given odimune 3 months ago and then given atroiza last month,what shall I do to correct this?I can’t see properly yet I have glasses which were prescribed by the optometrist.

• 2025

Hi ‘ve jst started using odimune drugs,nd ‘m feeling kinda weird cos i vomit constantly nd go 2 the toilet,feel drowsy, hv headache and sometyms hv a blury vision.am i supposed 2 feel lyk this or is because ‘m pregnant and my cd4 count was above 350.so wht will happen when i stop thm after delivery wll i again feel sick lyk this.

• sitemap

Greetings! I have installed the latest version of redline (Fantastic theme) I have been using the redline theme since ver 1.x It seems that you have removed the custom favicon. What is the current way to install a favicon?

• sitemap 408

Hi im a few wks preg. Initally before this i was on truvada & efivarenz now im on truvada and alluvia. I have terrible nausea and always feel hungry or lightheaded are these the side effects you are supposed to feel.

• sitemap 230

fake hermes stamp bag replica hermes kelly handbags kaufen jgrzag

• sitemap www

My CD4 count is 154 and i am not taking the treatment. How dangerous is to not be taking treatment yet?

• 1672

We will hopefully be up soon. We had a issue with a brand new camera so we are waiting for its replacement to arrive. We still have internal cams so we hope to have them streaming soon. We also had a squirrel try to take up residence, so we have some nest cleaning to do.