Man dies after suffering snake bite, family blames Hospital for negligence
The man, Keith Sampson, was admitted at the hospital on Saturday 10th August for a snake bite.
According to his reputed wife, Indra Peters, for several hours her husband was waiting to see a doctor, but no doctor was available. Today the woman and two of her children visited this newscast to relate the story. They said had the hospital authorities been more proactive the man’s life could have been spared.
Sampson and his wife shared a relationship for 22 years and have five children. His wife is expecting their 6th child soon.
The woman said her husband was the sole breadwinner of the family and his sudden demise has taken them by surprise.
Sampson was bitten on his finger by the snake.
She said the family had to become very aggressive before the man was transferred to the Georgetown Public Hospital to seek further medical attention.
The woman is hoping that justice can be served in the matter and pointed to the hardship she is currently facing to maintain her self and five children.