Mishap claims the life of security guard – Nov 12th 2012
Selwyn Abrahams and a friend were walking along Ogle Street, in Triumph, when he came into contact with an illegal Guyana Power and Light connection. Abrahams was electrocuted instantly when the live wire wrapped around his neck. His friend who was with him tried to render some assistance and he was tossed several yards away.
His father, Wilbert and Sister Rhonda, spoke of the disturbing news they were greeted with.
Capitol News understands that the exposed wire was left hanging around the area for several days following work reportedly done by an electrician on the building.
The police are continuing their investigations into the matter.