Police still to charge their own involved in the shooting death of teenager
Attorney-at-Law, Nigel Hughes, is hoping that good sense prevails on the part of the police and the force can move to institute charges against the officers involved in the shooting death of teenager, Shaquille Grant.
Hughes said, he found it strange that Crime Chief, Seelall Persaud, is still contemplating who fired the fatal bullet.
The AFC Chairman, was speaking to Capitol News on Tuesday. Earlier this week the Commissioner of Police, Leroy Brummell, said, that file was sent to the DPP for advice, but up to late yesterday the DPP reportedly did not receive the file.
The Police Complaints Authority, which is headed by former Chancellor, Cecil Kennard, is still to receive a copy of the file.
Grant was shot three times in what the police said was an exchange of gunfire, but survivors have said that the police were the only ones shooting.
The Police Commissioner has promised that wherever the investigation goes, the police will take action.