You Are Here: Home » Top Stories » Cuba Cholera outbreak

Cuba Cholera outbreak

The Health Ministry says there are no confirmed cases of Guyanese students studying in Cuba being affected by the recent cholera outbreak in that country.

Cuban authorities first reported the outbreak on July 3 saying that there were 53 cases and three deaths at that time but since then the number of confirmed cases has increased.
Chief Medical Officer of the Health Ministry, Dr Shamdeo Persaud said the Ministry is monitoring the situation locally and has taken precautionary steps already.
Dr. Persaud said the Health Ministry is in a position to tackle cholera should there be any confirmed cases locally.
Cholera is an infection of the small intestine that causes a large amount of watery diarrhoea.

Leave a Comment

© 2016 Capitol News Guyana

Scroll to top